(Kansas City, MO)
About the Client
Harvesters is a local nonprofit organization that collects and distributes food as the community’s response to hunger. As the areas only food bank, Harvesters warehouse and distribution center occupies approximately 200,000 square feet and operates about 4,000 annual hours.
Harvesters required 50 footcandles horizontally in the office area. In order to supply enough light in between the floor to ceiling racking in the warehouse, footcandles need to be 20 horizontally and 15 vertically. Worldwide Energy removed more than 350 outdated lighting fixtures to create uniform and efficient lighting.
- Replaced with premium T8 fixtures and reflectors
- Occupancy sensors installed for added efficiency
- Maximized financial incentives with two phase project
- More than $83,000 in rebates and incentives
- Annual energy savings of 318,866 kW
- Annual utility savings of $27,000
- Projected ROI of 3 years