Lower cost with Natural Gas Fleet Conversion
WorldWide Energy offers innovative technology and services to convert your existing vehicles to run on clean, American-made alternative fuels. We specialize in conversion systems that will lower costs, and reduce emissions to your vehicles. WorldWide Energy is the leader in bringing practical alternative fuel technology, such as natural gas conversion, to vehicles in Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
WorldWide Alternative Fuel can help you convert your existing vehicles to run on compressed natural gas (CNG). We specialize in aftermarket EPA-certified conversion systems that dramatically lower costs and reduce emissions.
We are a full-service, end-to-end alternative fuel solutions provider supporting individual needs, dealerships, and fleet operations with consultation, sales and installation, maintenance and training services, and financing necessary to support the development and implementation of effective operation of Compressed Natural Gas, Liquefied Natural Gas and Liquefied Petroleum Gas fueled fleets, including:
- Conversion of light, medium and heavy duty gasoline-fueled and diesel-fueled vehicles and fleets to CNG/LNG/LPG or dual-fuel systems.
- Conversion of Class 7 and 8 diesel-fueled trucks to dual-fuel CNG/LNG systems
- Fleet conversion financing
- Public and private CNG/LNG fueling infrastructure development & engineering, support, and financing and operation management and oversight.
- Short and long term natural gas, CNG and LNG supply
- On- and off-site vehicle/fleet servicing
ABOUT NATURAL GAS
Why Natural Gas?
Natural gas is a versatile and abundant energy source that can be used for many applications, including fueling your car. It is the cleanest of all fossil fuels, emits only half as much greenhouse gas as coal, and produces 70% fewer carbon emissions than oil. Natural gas is a clean, odorless and colorless compound that is formed when layers of buried plants and animals are exposed to intense heat and pressure over thousands of years. The energy originally obtained from the sun is stored in the form of carbon in natural gas, and is extracted to be transformed into usable power.
Worldwide Alt Fuel, together with its key technology manufacturer partners, deliver unequaled expertise, experience and solutions for natural gas conversion, and ROI results that deliver the desired result for private-sector, municipal, state and federal, educational institutional fleets, health care related non-emergency transportation contractors, taxi and executive ground transportation operators and others involved in the transportation of people and movement of products.
- Natural gas vehicles are cleaner and quieter. NGVs produce 33-75% less nitrogen oxide, 21% less greenhouse gases, and 50-67% less particulates.
- Natural gas vehicles are cheaper – approximately 40% less than gas vehicles.
- Natural gas is domestically available and relatively abundant. Of the 23,000 billion cubic feet of natural gas consumed annually in the U.S., only 2% comes from outside North America, and only 2% is used for transportation. With the recent shale gas findings, natural gas production in the continental U.S. has gone from flat to 9% growth. The EPA estimates that there is more than 1,100 trillion cubic feet of natural gas in the U.S. (about 48 years of supply).
- Natural gas vehicles generally have lower tail pipe emissions than most conventional auto technologies.
- Emissions of evaporative hydrocarbons through the fueling system are one of the most significant air pollution problems associated with gasoline powered vehicles.
- Natural gas systems have zero evaporative emissions since their fueling system is a sealed system. This is a major air quality benefit of natural gas technologies.
- Natural gas vehicles perform quite similar to conventional vehicle technologies.
- Evidence shows that natural gas vehicles require less frequent oil changes and less frequent oil changes and less frequent servicing than conventional technologies – generally, natural gas vehicles have reduced overall maintenance costs, especially in comparison to diesel fuel.
What is Dual Fuel?
Dual fuel is the simultaneous combustion of two fuels. In a Dual Fuel System, natural gas is utilized in conjunction with diesel fuel to operate the engine. After conversion, the engine is able to operate on either 100% diesel fuel, or a mixture of diesel fuel and natural gas.
During startup, the engine operates on 100% diesel fuel. After certain criteria are met, the automatic control system switches to dual-fuel operation. Unlike other equipment after natural gas conversion, the engine is not able to operate on natural gas exclusively.
The conversion does not interfere with the vehicle’s engine integrity. The conversion hardware is mounted externally on the engine, and the technology has been designed to allow for in-field retrofit of diesel engines without the need to change or modify the engine. Generally speaking, operation in dual fuel mode has no negative effects on engine wear rates and durability.
Dual Fuel Systems feature 15-30 percent net annual fuel savings, and a 400-800 mile dual fuel range. Dual Fuel is best for small fleet owners, corporate fleets, in-city delivery trucks, government vehicles, mass transit, school buses, refuse trucks, and off-road vehicles.
- Non-invasive to OEM engine
- Avoid all fuel-injector related costs
- Normal oil and maintenance cycles
- Flexibility to return to 100% diesel at anytime
- Immediate universal design
Annual Fuel Savings: Average 15-50% net annual fuel savings per year over 100% diesel (varies with route profile and idle time)
Low Cost Ownership: Installed system cost of $14,000 to $15,000 plus natural gas tanks
- 30-70 percent lower cost than fuel-injected systems
- Will work with customer on best tank configuration
- Typical pay-back of 12-18 months based on miles driven
Dual Fuel Flexibility: System compatibility with CNG, LNG, and methane biogas. Seamlessly and safely return to 100% diesel operation at any time, eliminate range-anxiety, and leverage potential price spreads.
Universal Design: Applicable to any 4-stroke model; no practical limit on horsepower, no loss of pulling torque
Trade-In or End-of-Life: can transfer system and NG tank to another approved engine. Read FAQs about Dual Fuel Systems
LPG Conversion System
A quality Worldwide Alternative Fuel LPG conversion system would allow you to save between 20-50% of your vehicles total fuel costs, with those costs being recouped within 20,000-25,000 miles. Different from natural gas conversion, LPG is a proven high performance, clean, efficient and economical alternative to gasoline.
Whether you’re a manager of a large fleet, or small business, the benefits of LPG (liquid petroleum gas) are too great to ignore. Propane car conversions (also called LPG conversions) are attracting more attention – and it’s certainly one viable alternative fuel option since propane has been used as a commercial motor fuel for more than 80 years.
Propane powered engines offer cleaner emissions along with 10-15 percent less carbon dioxide, 20 percent less carbon monoxide and 50-60 percent less hydrocarbons and nitric oxide. Tighter emissions regulations have changed the way conversion companies can do business. Spiraling gasoline prices, diminishing world oil reserves, and the need to reduce motoring costs wherever possible have seen many individuals and companies consider the LPG Autogas alternative.
Those that have been made the change to LPG rarely go back to gasoline. Why? Because LPG Autogas not only substantially reduces fuel costs, it reduces engine wear and thus maintenance costs, it improves engine smoothness and reliability, and it has virtually the same power output as gasoline.
So if you want to dramatically reduce your motoring costs “by half” you need to change only one thing – the fuel. You will enjoy huge savings each year and to compliment the savings – your vehicles will have the extra added benefit of dual fuel, thus allowing you to cover a greater range.
Alternative Fuel Stations
In collaboration with its strategic engineering partner, Worldwide Alternative Fuel offers more than eight years of experience in the design, installation, and maintenance of alternative fuel stations. We manage all the engineering design, procurement, and permitting services in-house. We also provide full construction services. These stations will benefit those who have already made the change with their natural gas conversion.
On the supply side, our agent relationship with a leading marketer and natural gas trader, a portfolio company of Mitsubishi Bank, positions us with a competitive advantage and ability to provide a number of hedging and long-term or short-term supply options; first-of-month index, blended, fixed or a tailored program specific to your needs and desires.
This brings added value to your project by delivering cost efficiency and single-source accountability.
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Fuel Stations
Worldwide Alt Fuel offers decades of experience in the design and installation of cryogenic liquid and high pressure gaseous storage and distribution system. Since 2000, we have been focused on the design and construction of private fleets and public-access CNG, LNG, and LPG fueling solutions. We also provide maintenance services for your facilities.
The Benefits of a Time Fill CNG Station
- Time filling allows a fleet to fill overnight while trucks are not in service.
- Reduces cost associated with drivers waiting each day to fill their vehicles. On average, saves 60 hours per year – per truck.
- Use smaller compressors and related equipment verses fast-filling
- Reduce electric costs to operate compressors by filling trucks during off-peak hours.
- Compressors start and stop only one time per day. Reduces maintenance and extends the life of the equipment.
- Complete 100% fill achieved with every fill when compared to fast fill.
- Requires less hourly gas flow than a fast fill system. Utility extensions are typically minor.
- Production costs are lower than fast-fill systems.
- Filling the vehicles will happen automatically when the vehicle is connected to the hose and will shut off when the vehicle is full. Timers will turn the station on and off each day automatically.
The Benefits of a Fast Fill CNG Station
- CNG is metered and dispensed similar to ordinary liquid fuel dispensers.
- Fast filling requires about the same time as fueling with conventional fuel.
- Fast fill systems can incorporate a credit card reader for authorizing, dispensing, and billing the transaction.
- Public access CNG stations can be unmanned and open to the public 24/7.
- Multiple customers can fuel their vehicles simultaneously. Requires less space for construction and dispensing.
- Can be used in conjunction with a time fill station or added to an existing time fill system at a later date.